Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Hi Clement. According to me the main points which need to be considered are as follows:
(1) The main advantage of wizard.interface is we can generate no. of reports & call a different wizard at the same time which is not possible in osv_memory wizard.
(2) Wizard.interface is not compatible in 6.0 later versions.
(3) In wizard.interface there is a flexibility of validations. That makes validation part separate but still performance wise it is not as good as osv_memory wizard.
(4) The main advantage of osv_memory wizard is you can define workflow on object. We can easily inherit osv_memory wizard. It is very easy to make changes in view of wizard by just inheriting it.
(5) We can add constraints in osv_memory wizard.
(6) Another difference is we can not set default value in interface wizard in client(right click on field of wizard and setting default value) whereas in memory wizard we can set.
So overall it is better to use
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 5/28/13, 6:56 AM|
|Seen: 3388 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|