This question has been flagged
8 Replies

I tried out the POS applications, but I discovered that is lacks the products stock validation!

Moreover, even the online demo deals with the POS products as consumable, so the stock won't claim any shortage!
Can anyone explain to me why this is intended?!

Discard

The POS takes the stock quantites at the beginning of the session. The POS module is designed to support offline mode fully once it has started, so I guess that's why it doesn't do any real time checks

If you really want to check product stock, you could override the code and call a python function from the point of sale js files and verify stock for the product.

Author

Thanks Shawn for your reply. Can you help me in this code?

are you using version 7 or 8?

Author

Odoo v8

I will tinker with the code myself to get a better idea and get back to you

Author

Ok Shawn, I'll be waiting for you, and please let me share you your ideas.

Best Answer

I think it is because POS designed for usual shops, where customer bring products and cashier register order. So, if customer bring an item, then there is no shortage of this item.

I have created a module that fix this issue https://github.com/yelizariev/pos-addons/tree/8.0/pos_product_available . It shows count of item in stock. It works in offline mode. The module is designed under the assumption that there are no changes in stock while POS is opened. To refresh stock you have to update pos page. 

Discard
Author

Thanks very much for your reply. I'll check it out and reply back with my comments.

Author

I tried your solution, it is really helpful. And it show me the stock for my products. But it lacks warning me if I am selling under the zero stock (like the quotation order, or the sales order) Can you add this warning feature?

Author

Would you add a validation for that, or this situation is fine?

Red color for count of items is a kind of warning.

@Invan: Is to possible to associate stock location of a product in pos_product_available? The reason is because, I need to show the product quantity which is available in a particular Warehouse.