This question has been flagged
2 Replies

In my test case the time sheet of employee to a project goto all the users who have manager access rights to project. Every user who can have "Project" "manager" access rights, can see the all the time sheets from the menu Human resource -> Time tracking -> Time sheet to validate, and also can approve. Please let me know if you get the answer for "Why openerp showing timesheet of one project to all the managers instead of showing only that project manager ?"

Discard
Best Answer

This is because the timesheet is not bound to a project, it is bound to an employee by default. There are currently no modules that change that (as far as I am aware).

Also, if you have sufficient access rights (HR Manager) you can approve all timesheets for all users in the system, not just your own. HR is one of the modules that deserves somewhat more attention in the near future.

Discard
Best Answer

Based on my use cases, timesheet validation  should go to the Manager of the employee and not to all managers ... In larger companies it create mess if all managers get all timesheets from all employees.

Project manager may have an additional validation role at the Project tasks levels.

These are 2 different workflows, that may intersect or not depending on the companies;

I agree with Ludo that HR module deserves more attention. It is not far away from benig a great module but clearly lack of simple but key functioanl behaviors;

Discard