Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why Odoo is so successful

By
Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim
on 8/5/15, 10:35 AM 852 views

Because of heavy show off and fake marketing evening lots of bugs pending. They improving product by free but typical license and all improvement goes to private now with new versions.

Zahin
on 9/16/15, 7:41 AM

Odoo changing their license but what for community modules and community bugs which makes odoo better. Odoo is not successful, open source community make it better. Odoo original was only version 4, but community enhance and make it 8, but odoo fake it and changed licenses.... Soon odoo again change their name too

Zahin
on 9/16/15, 7:43 AM

ERP systems are really necessary in organizations also is Open Source and their community is awesome. Odoo has a really stable core and it's powerful and fast to learn. Another reason is the modularity, it makes it really re usable and easy to make tricks and improve features. Odoo grew fastly and keeps growing unstoppably.

Solanki Shamji

--Solanki Shamji--
| 5 2 6
Baroda, India
--Solanki Shamji--

Hello!

Solanki Shamji
On 8/5/15, 11:26 AM

Because :

1. Open source.

2. Low cost.

3. Web based.

4. Provide standard application.

Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim

--Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim--
| 5 3 7
Gîza, Egypt
--Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim--

I am an old VFP developer on ERP

I have moved to 2p since Nov-2014 and started developing with Python on Odoo.

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/public-profile-settings?trk=prof-edit-edit-public_profile

tibrahim@2p.com.sa

Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim
On 8/5/15, 10:36 AM

Many reasons,

They focused on its success at customers.

It is easy to learn.

It is easy to customize.

They made it as OpenSource, which I think it contributed the most to its success, otherwise, how developers could reach to it and see its code and contribute actively in its success by performing success customizations and success implementations.

I think that there are much more, I wrote what was available in my mind while posting this answer

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/5/15, 10:35 AM
Seen: 852 times
Last updated: 9/16/15, 8:14 AM