Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why my test yaml do not run?

Katherine Zaoral
on 1/21/14, 10:44 AM 1,464 views

I been working with test yaml for openerp module since last six months and everything was going okey. But today I found something that I am not sure what it that happening.

I have a module that only load data into openerp records, and it has not demo. I add a test folder into the module folder, also add a yml file into the test folder. I update the __openerp__.py file and add the key to the descriptor.

"test": [ 'test/file.yml', ],

Then I run the server using -d my_db -u my_module --log-level=test --test-enable options. This should make the test run but It don't. The server log tells me that It loaded the data but did not run the test yaml. It is like the test yaml file does not exist.

I try to force it adding the --test-file=file.yml option to the server options and it works but I don't understand why without this options do not automatically run the test.

Please Help, Best Regards

Katherine Zaoral
On 12/4/14, 11:20 AM

The reason is because the database where you run the test need to have data demo, if the database was created without data demo then the tests will not run. If the database was created with data demo then the test will run

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 1/21/14, 10:44 AM
Seen: 1464 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM