Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why if I click on the button add in many2many fields a blank window is opened?

By
Juan Formoso
on 10/16/14, 10:48 AM 452 views

I have just relized that if I create a many2many field and I put it in a view, then when you click on the button to add a new record, a blank popup appears with the buttons create and cancel. If I press create, a form is shown to fill in the fields of the new record, which is right. But, why is there an intermediate window? Can I remove it?

I know how to remove it, I can change the type of the field to a one2many pointing to an intermediate table which will have two many2one fields pointing to the models which were connected by the many2many (Before: model_1 <- many2many -> model_2, Now: model_1 -> one2many -> model_rel <- many2one <- model_1, model_2)

Is there any better way to do it?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/16/14, 10:48 AM
Seen: 452 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM