This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello all,

In Odoo 8.

Trying to write a new function field warehouse_id in the stock.quant model. This field must be computed and stored.

I get an error and I can't manage it.

Why am I not able to display my log text '_get_warehouse_id BEGIN'. I always use logger to display text like this and it always work. But this time, I can't get the text. So the function doesn't seem to be called.

When odoo start, it tries to calculate de new column :

2017-02-26 17:53:22,364 7372 INFO odoo-8 openerp.models: storing computed values of fields.function 'warehouse_id'

And just after, I get this error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/odoo-8/odoo-8.0/openerp/service/server.py", line 937, in preload_registries
    registry = RegistryManager.new(dbname, update_module=update_module)
  File "/home/odoo-8/odoo-8.0/openerp/modules/registry.py", line 370, in new
    openerp.modules.load_modules(registry._db, force_demo, status, update_module)
  File "/home/odoo-8/odoo-8.0/openerp/modules/loading.py", line 351, in load_modules
    force, status, report, loaded_modules, update_module)
  File "/home/odoo-8/odoo-8.0/openerp/modules/loading.py", line 255, in load_marked_modules
    loaded, processed = load_module_graph(cr, graph, progressdict, report=report, skip_modules=loaded_modules, perform_checks=perform_checks)
  File "/home/odoo-8/odoo-8.0/openerp/modules/loading.py", line 157, in load_module_graph
    init_module_models(cr, package.name, models)
  File "/home/odoo-8/odoo-8.0/openerp/modules/module.py", line 297, in init_module_models
    t[1](cr, *t[2])
  File "/home/odoo-8/odoo-8.0/openerp/api.py", line 268, in wrapper
    return old_api(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/odoo-8/odoo-8.0/openerp/models.py", line 2247, in _update_store
    res = f.get(cr, self, iids, k, SUPERUSER_ID, {})
  File "/home/odoo-8/odoo-8.0/openerp/osv/fields.py", line 1462, in get
    result = self._fnct(obj, cr, uid, ids, name, self._arg, context)
TypeError: 'str' object is not callable

Code :

from openerp.osv import fields, osv
from openerp.tools.translate import _
import logging
_logger = logging.getLogger(__name__)

class stock_quant(osv.osv):
    _inherit = "stock.quant"
    def _get_warehouse_id(self, cr, uid, ids, field_name, arg, context):
        _logger.error("_get_warehouse_id BEGIN")
        res={}
        return res   

_columns = {
        'warehouse_id': fields.function('_get_warehouse_id',type='many2one',obj='stock.warehouse',method=True,string='Warehouse of this quant',store=True)
    }

Discard
Author Best Answer

I had to declare my field with this code instead (name of the function without the ' ') :

'warehouse_id': fields.function(_get_warehouse_id,type='many2one',obj='stock.warehouse',method=True,
string='Warehouse of this quant',store=True)
Discard
Best Answer

That's because you are using the old api for define the function field that require you to pass a callable object

Discard