Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why ERRROR on website module at start odoo server?

By
Néstor Gómez Muñoz
on 9/21/14, 1:25 AM 1,183 views

2014-09-21 04:48:33,375 9361 ERROR promain openerp.addons.base.ir.ir_ui_view: Element '<xpath expr="//link[@id='bootstrap_css']">' cannot be located in parent view

Error context:
View `Cerulean`
[view_id: 585, xml_id: website.theme_cerulean, model: n/a, parent_id: 543]

I have an odoo 8 instance, version september 8th. I configured website and some other modules, with demo data, on Centos 6.5. It works ok, both website and internal odoo modules menu.

Now, on yesterday, I installed another instance of odoo 8 on Ubuntu (got last release from git) and import database from first instance. Started with openerp-server -u all and it shows how load all modules. Problem appears when try to show webpage, I supose.

Error references ir_ui_view theme_cerulean (Element '<xpath expr="//link[@id='bootstrap_css']">' cannot be located in parent view) This is arch code stored in database, for that view:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<data name="Cerulean" inherit_id="website.theme" active="False" customize_show="True">
        <xpath expr="//link[@id='bootstrap_css']" position="replace">
            <link rel="stylesheet" href="/website/static/src/css/bootswatch/cerulean.min.css" t-ignore="true"/>
        </xpath>
</data>

and referenced parent is Themes, wich arch code in database is:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<t name="Theme" t-name="website.theme">
    <link id="bootstrap_css" rel="stylesheet" href="/web/static/lib/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.css" t-ignore="true"/>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/website/static/src/css/website.css" t-ignore="true"/>
</t>

I already checked the href files are present in that paths.

I have seen some other reports of this same errors on comunity forums, but no one any help further than disable website module and lost data.

Any ideas?

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 9/21/14, 2:17 PM

Nestor,

This is a core error.

Please follow as said on https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/2152#issuecomment-54408187

Thanks.

Thanks for you reference. I Already did it with no success. However, I should be done something wrong because even creating a new database and then trying to install website builder module, it breaks just with that error on theme_cerulean. I tryed OCB version too, with same result and today updated odoo with no changes on results. It takes my attention almost anybody comments about this error,

Néstor Gómez Muñoz
on 9/22/14, 12:42 PM

Update: Today made new installation, getting last source from OCB. Now I was able to install website builder and then, on another try, restore and update the database uplines commented.

Néstor Gómez Muñoz
on 9/23/14, 1:54 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/21/14, 1:25 AM
Seen: 1183 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM