Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Everytime i send an email either quote/invoice the email sends with no error but the followers dont receive it. please help, this worked on the latest version up and till December and I only came across this problem as soon as i updated Odoo towards the end of January with these 2 commands: git reset --hard and git pull.
I have also tested my outgoing servers and they all test successful, but the recipient doesnt seem to receive any mail at all.
Any thoughts or is anyone else having this issue? Please help.
Hi - thank you for taking the time to help me. Unfortunately it is not any of the factors that you have stated. I have tried almost everything.
The last thing i have tried is I installed a separate fresh clean virtual Ubuntu Server and i installed Odoo fresh from the start with the install script of Andre schenkels - i then imported my database from my previous Odoo and tried to email again to a test user but nothing. Thinking that something might be wrong in my database - this time i went ahead and redid the server without restoring any DB, started from scratch and setup an outgoing server - but i replaced 'localhost' outgoing server with my own and when i tried emailing a test client via invoice or quotation - nothing. any external email receives nothing once again. so i definitely know it is not my database that is causing an issue.
Please note once again that since November/December 2014 my last update using a git pull on my previous server is when i have been having this issue. before that everything worked and i had 3 outgoing mail servers and each worked for Invoice, Quotations, etc. bearing in mind i had replaced 'localhost' outgoing server right from the beginning so never had a problem like that before.
Now even with a fresh server emails arent being received! i dont understand what is wrong, a fresh installation of Odoo - all i did was replace 'localhost' with my own.. is that maybe the issue?
Please help guys.. im going crazy here. or is there something wrong with the latest Odoo.?
Go to partner record of those followers and see whether following 2 fields are not wrongly set up ?
1. Opt-Out (By tick this, system will prevent to send any kind of notification to customers )
2. Receive Inbox Notifications by Email - Never ( By select this, customer will not receive email, they will only see activities in their Mail Wall )
Even if by properly set up above 2 options, if your customers not receive emails then do following things.
1. Show the log over here. So I can understand the error.
2. Which outgoing smtp server you are using. ( Gmail, yahoo or anyone else ? )
3. Go settings >> Technical >> Email >> Messages and open the message which is related to particular sale order. Then Please varify the followers are in "Notified Partners". If not then you have to paste your log over here.
4. Go Settings >> Technical >> Email >> Emails & remove filter "Outgoing". Please look whether your email records are in state of "error", which may prevents emails to send out from system.
I am eager to solve this problem. All the very best,
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 2/16/15, 11:50 AM|
|Seen: 858 times|
|Last updated: 3/18/15, 12:18 AM|