This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm having a problem with inherited views in my own environment (but not all of them). I'm trying to replace the field 'street2' on the res.partner.form view with 2 other fields (x_housenumber and x_extension) as was shown in the training 2 weeks ago in Brussels. It seems in versions prior to may 2013 this works fine. In later versions however (like the current SaaS!) this doesn't work. The system gives a Javascript error "Error: NameError: name 'street2' is not defined", coming from "web/webclient/js?db=flussojos:2769". So apparently, even with inherited views it is possible an update ruins things....?

Discard
Author

Does anyone have an answer? Or does anyone have the same problem?

Best Answer

It is still possible to replace fields in a view.

Can you post your XML file (which defines your view)? Probably you have an issue with the coding.

Other thing can be, that another module has removed the field you want to replace, in that case your newly created view cannot hide/replace that field (as it is not existing anymore).

Discard
Author

Patrick, thanks for your answer. When I use my same code but subsitute name="street2" for name="website" it works just fine.The street2 field I'm trying to replace is on the view. I checked that both in developer mode and on the res.partner form XML. When I use any fields from the 'div' that street2 is in, the same problem occurs. For fields like website, like I said, my code works just fine.