Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why does openerp v7 not work with apple ipad?

By
picou
on 2/23/13, 6:05 AM 2,976 views

I can connect with openerp 6.1 just fine with apple ipad (first edition ios 5.1.1). I have tried to connect with v7.0 with no success using multiple navigators. I have emptied cache and cookies with no success. The old forum has a similar issue: forum.openerp.com/forum/topic35859.html The page is white.Is anyone having the same connection problems with ipad? Thanks

What browser are you using? Try to change it!

Francesco OpenCode
on 2/23/13, 7:59 AM

I have updated the question to reflect your suggestion. This does not seem to be the problem.

picou
on 2/23/13, 12:33 PM

ton123

--ton123--
| 5 6 9
Lisse, Netherlands
--ton123--
End-User. Installed 6.1.1 on a DS412+, DS211+ and DS113J Synology NAS. Reference installation on Ubuntu 12.04/Samsung Notebook. 12-03-2013 In production for Suppliers and Customers, adresbook. 7 small companies. Testing accounting, document management, import and export. Too much showstoppers I haven't fixed at this moment. 06-05-2013 little progress. Migration to v7 impossible because of missing Dutch localisation modules. What I see working is nice, so further testing and asking. Start testing products and warehouse. Happy with this forum and the community.
ton123
On 2/23/13, 8:06 AM
1. Close safari, delete history and cookies and do not use in private mode. Try again.
2. Try an other browser.

Cause 1: Possibly there is a timing issue. However in that situation there is a message js:xxxxx with xxxxx is a number. I think iPAD 1 and iPAD 2 will have timing issues.

Cause 2: Browser language issues. If you didn't update IOS and browsers to recent versions the browser is not compatible. The new browser language OpenERP 7.0 clientsoftware uses is so much changed, an old browser doesn't understand it. Blank screens and doing nothing can be the result of this.

Check: 
1. Which version of the iPad are you using?
2. Which version of IOS?
3. Which version of the browser are you using?

That did not work on my old iPad on both Safari and Chrome. I think OpenERP web does not work on iPad v1. may be due to the small memory or limitation in iOS v5. It worked fine on iPad v3.

Mohammad Alhashash
on 2/23/13, 8:15 AM

Ahmet Altinisik

--Ahmet Altinisik--
| 8 7 10
ANKARA, Turkey
--Ahmet Altinisik--

http://www.altinkaya.eu

Ahmet Altinisik
On 2/24/13, 5:22 PM

Answer: It does not work because your browser version is outdated.

I am using OpenERP V7 with new ipad with an up to date browser.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/23/13, 6:05 AM
Seen: 2976 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM