Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why does my odoo installation does not looks like the demo one?

By
Laurent
on 8/30/14, 5:00 PM 835 views

I have installed odoo with:

wget  http://nightly.openerp.com/8.0/nightly/deb/odoo_8.0rc1-latest.deb
dpkg -i odoo_8.0rc1-latest.deb
apt-get -f install

because adding deb http://nightly.openerp.com/8.0/nightly/deb/ ./ in /etc/apt/sources.list makes apt-get update fail.

Second point, I setup nginx and my domain to run odoo in a subdomain for testing (probably this is unsignifiant for what follows).

Here is the result:

snapshot of my my odoo

It looks uncomplete, too few modules available, and the WebSite Builder is not here. Probably I have missed something ? Am I supposed to get all the features of the demo ?

Hi Laurent. What OS you use ?

ThackerS (ts)
on 8/30/14, 5:50 PM

Hi Scott, Debian 7

Laurent
on 8/31/14, 2:20 AM
ThackerS (ts)
On 8/31/14, 5:57 AM

Hi Laurent.

To get all the features of the demo, you must install the demo database. To install the demo database, you must check the checkbox on the new database creation page (sees me).

If you don't have corretly install odoo, those link below can help you.

Best regards.

Martin Temmink
On 10/7/14, 5:14 PM

After you have installed the base system, with an empty database. You can setup some additional modules also.

for this you have to goto the settings (with your admin account) and use the apps link on the left. if you press on this. you will the modules which you can install into your database.

Laurent
On 10/7/14, 3:58 PM

I have installed from the Git repository branch 8,0 and it is alright. Thanks Chancerel

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/30/14, 5:00 PM
Seen: 835 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM