Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why does form view appear as "tree" in debug Manage Views window?

By
Jeff Beidler
on 11/5/14, 2:45 PM 939 views

I created a new module which adds a new table and screen to Odoo.  In the action record, I declared a view_type of "form" and view_mode of "tree,form".  The tree view displays correctly, but the form view does not.  It doesn't display the title correctly, instead showing the object name and a number.  When on the list view, the debug select list shows "Debug View#1221", but on the form view, the select list just says, "Debug View#".  If I go into debug-->Manage Views, both views (form and tree) are listed correctly by the strings given them, but both show up as type "tree".  What gives?

Jeff Beidler
On 11/5/14, 6:31 PM

Well, not sure what exactly was causing both the form and tree views to show up as type "tree" in the debug window, but I figured out the weird title issue. Turns out that Odoo really wants to have a field called "name" in your model, and that's what it displays at the top of a form view, at the end of the breadcrumb trail.  The "string" attribute of the "form" tag (I wish this editor had a [code] button) is ignored.  Odoo will use the "string" attribute of the "tree" tag as the title of the tree view.  Since my model only contained fields "alpha_code", "description", and "num_code", I was getting the funky title at the top of the form view.  I didn't see anything about this in the several pieces of scattered documentation that I could find.  Hope this info helps someone else.

Sorry, I misspoke. The title at the top of a tree view comes from the "name" field of the action record definition. I'm not sure what the "string" attribute in the "form" and "tree" tags does, if anything . . .

Jeff Beidler
on 11/5/14, 6:40 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/5/14, 2:45 PM
Seen: 939 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM