This question has been flagged
1 Reply

This site has been up for 5 days. It has over 300 hundred users. More than 190 questions have been asked, but only 50 are marked as having been properly "answered".

Does no one here know how to answer these questions?

Discard

I edited your title to reflect more the reality of your question.

Author

My title was a bit more attention getting ;-)

Author Best Answer

In fact, only 25 still have no answer at all. Some have 3, 4 and even 5 good answers!

If you are new to this type of Q & A group (www.stackexchange.com being the best known) you may not realize that accepting an A to your Q is a fundamental courtesy to the people with As. It is important to the proper functioning of the forum!

When you click the little "correct answer" check icon in the left margin of an answer, your Q gets removed from the "unanswered" list. Then, other members who search that list for Qs they can A will stop wasting their time reading it.

So tell me please, is this an adequate A to this Q?

Discard

i personnaly think it is :-) we may probably add few people as administrators, so that they can check answers as "correct" too. But as it has been said: the site is only 5 days old, so i just think we need some time to set up the appropriate way to handle this new canal of information.

Author

I trust my "question" has been received in the spirit in which it was intended - - a tongue in cheek reminder of the courtesies that make groups like this work so remarkably well. Now if only the one who posed the question would have the decency to check it as having been properly answered (grrr) .

Maybe we should just make sure that this "V" green icon is better recognized by people who are new to Q&A sites like this one. Like with a popup that would appear to the user who asked the question when he visits his question page.

Only the author of a question can mark the right answer. The others have to wait 7 days before validating an answer. So I hope questions marked as "answered" will increase in a few days. We can also check in the emails sent if we can add a note about this.