Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why do not send mail to SMTP?

By
cache
on 10/3/13, 7:32 AM 1,447 views

Hi! Mail is not sent by SMTP. If I connect the gmail server or my personal mail server , everything works. But if I write mx in the domain settings for another email server (Yandex Mail ), the openerp does not send the mail. But using yandex mail (pop) I can receive mail. All the settings are correct.

Kris Krnacs
On 11/4/15, 4:42 PM

Hi!

So my fix is change code in /opt/odoo/odoo-server/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_mail_server.py

You need to change "smtp_from" to "smtp_user" and also replace

after this:

If "mail.catchall.alias" is not set it defaults to "postmaster-odoo".

this:

default='postmaster',

#Because you have "postmaster", but you don't have "postmaster-odoo" on your own provider.

Hope it helps!

Kris

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/3/13, 7:32 AM
Seen: 1447 times
Last updated: 11/4/15, 4:42 PM