This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Why do Inventory Locations link to more than one Partner?

When defining an Inventory Location, there is a field for the Address. I interpret this as meaning that this Location "belongs" to the company for this address. So, I could create more than one Location for each Company.

But, when you look at the demo data, a Location can have more than one Partner.

Go to menu Reporting > Warehouse > Inventory Analysis. Delete the default filter from the search box. Replace it with a Group by Location + Partner.

What is the link between the Location and the Partner that leads to this result? How can a Location have more than one Partner?

image description

Discard
Best Answer

You are in the Reporting, and what you see is an Inventory Analysis, this means:

With the related filter, you are seeing all the Products quantities by Partner which "transited through" these locations (To Customers and From Suppliers): including Received, Ready to Receive, Delivered, Ready to Deliver, and Waiting Availability (All the Movements (of Products) done or to be done).

Maybe it's the naming "Inventory Analysis" which leads to confusion !!!

Why not calling it: Products Movements Analysis ???

Discard
Author

Thank you for your time but I'm only asking about the relationship between Locations and Partners, not about quantities or status of products.

Author

My objective behind this question is to locate delivered products and serial numbers. Is there a better way to achieve this either by modifying my use of Reporting or through another tool? Since Reporting is not working for me now, I want to understand Locations vs Partners.