Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why can't Odoo find my view?

By
Jeff Beidler
on 1/19/15, 12:17 PM 740 views

I have the following code in an XML file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<openerp>
<data>

<template id="my_po_body" inherit_id="purchase.report_purchasequotation_document">
        <xpath expr="div[@class='page']" position="replace">
                <div class="row mt32 mb32">
                    <div class="col-xs-6">
                        <p style="font: bold 16px Helvetica;"><strong>Shipped From:</strong></p>
                    </div>
                    <div class="col-xs-5 col-xs-offset-1">
                        <p style="font: bold 16px Helvetica;">Ship To:</p>
                    </div>
                </div>
        </xpath>
    </template>

<template id="my_po_main" inherit_id="purchase.report_purchasequotation">
        <xpath expr="//t[3]" position="replace">
                <t t-raw="translate_doc(doc_id, doc_model, 'partner_id.lang', 'my_module.my_po_body')"/>
        </xpath>
    </template>    

</data>
</openerp>

When I try to print an RFQ (report output type='HTML') then Odoo says it can't find 'my_module.my_po_body'.  I have tried removing 'my_module' and just using 'my_po_body' as the parameter in the translate_doc call, but then Odoo just tries to use 'website' as the module, and still can't find the view.  Why can't Odoo find the first defined view?

Jeff Beidler
On 1/19/15, 4:18 PM

May have been a bug in an older version of Odoo.  I updated and created a clean database, and things seem to be working as expected.  I would delete the question, but can't!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/19/15, 12:17 PM
Seen: 740 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM