This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi

OpenErp will not let me create an RFQ for an item that is not a product. eg a one off item, something that you will never order again or want to keep stock records of! (eg delivery charged by your suplier, one off charges such as joining fees)

When filling in the mandatory purchase order line items I get to the UOM and whatever I enter / create / or leave blank, nothing works!

EDIT 1 & 2 I've found out that it only relates to our main database, If I use our test database , I can add 'none product' items! - see... image description

And just to prove it hasn't created a product! see... image description

Admit-ably only the 'Product items' appear in the 'Warehouse>Incoming shipments' - the above PO did not appear at all! If I create a PO with one 'Product item' and one 'none Product item' then the PO appears but only listing the 'Product item'

Any suggestions please?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Sorted - it was

Settings>Configuration>Purchases>Supplier Features>Alerts by products or supplier

Which is part of "Warning Messages and Alerts" Module - un-selected it (it decided to uninstall the module) - but it worked

This is a 'little insect'

Discard
Best Answer

This is because you MUST set a product because it's related to another table product_product. If in some case you confirm the order with a product that doesn't exists in the system then you are not going to be able to manage inventories, invoices, accounts and more data that it's stored on product_product.

If you want to be able to add some unique products then you have to create a product "Unusual Products", and you can change the description to display some info of your product. I know that it's not the best way but you can't have orders without products stored.

I don't know why you said the test_database allow that, that's not an option, it's mandatory.

Discard
Author

Many thank Grover, but I disagree - please see my edit above, I can add items to a purchase order and confirm it, without creating the product! - with limitations!