This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hello,

Using Odoo 11 Community. When there is a text field in a form view, if in enter a lot of text in that field and save, the form view become very large with a horizontal scroll bar. Does somebeody have a solution the let the form view fit to screen size? I don't know why the form view doesn't automatically wrap the text of the text view...

I have the same case when I use the odoo default skin or Material/United Backend Theme (https://www.odoo.com/apps/themes/11.0/backend_theme_v11/).

Thanks

Discard
Author

By the way, the form view is shown as "current" and not as "new" (popup). When it's in a new view, like a popup, I doesn't have the problem.

Best Answer

Hi Evans,
Please add to your style the following : word-break: break-word;

Ex: 

<field name="Field1" style="word-break: break-word;"/>

If it does not work, add white-space: normal;

like this :

<field name="Field1" style="white-space: normal;word-break: break-word;"/>

Upvote if this helps.
Thank you
Discard
Author

Unfortunately, it's not working. Maybe if it can change something, my field use the html widget.

Thanks

Is there any whitespace in your text?

Author

Yep, it's a normal text with whitespace.

Best Answer

Hi,

try to use <div class="oe_clear"/> after the final element on the form (before <form/>)

Discard
Author

Unfortunately, it's not working. Thanks anyway

Best Answer

Are you sure it's a fields.Text field? If it's a fields.Char field then you would see similar issues.

Discard
Author

Yep, it's a "fields.Text" field. I use it to enter a description using HTML widget. I tried without HTML widget and I have the same issue. My text field is on column 1 of a 2 columns forms (under <group>)