This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Which version is best stable version of OpenERP,

Stable mean its work well with all functional attributes and features.

Where very less bugs and features which exists working well and right to customize for clients.

Which version to use ?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hell All,

I come to review the OpenERP stable versions, where I found version 6.1 is such good and most stable for production, and to deliver to clients. Its best practices for freelancer or offshore people to use OpenERP 6.1 where all features are well working and easy to customize, also nicely working.

I found OpenERP Marking is done well and much with extra butters for new version but facts are different, OpenERP 7.X most recent release have very bad in stability and even a lots of bugs, I can say that, its buggy release, Just to attract market they making stable release with unstable features. Till OpenERP 7.0 have a lot bugs even with multi-company and multi currencies many bugs, so batter to avoid 7.0, Yes just look is nice else ERP Features are badly implemented.

Where OpenERP 6.1 Nice, Speedy and best to deliver clients, Also multi-company, multi-currencies, accounting, multi-warehouse, most Power Booster ERP Features working well.

For Offshore People and Freelancer Its best practices to utilize OpenERP 6.1 version with minor GUI changes will great to work. Also get stability on delivering ERP customization to clients.

Avoid Most recent verison of OpenERP 7.0 or newer until their bugs are not fixed or merged completely(tested).

Utilize as per your needs, best ERP solution always on right implemented features not looks.

@fabien: stable means all features are correctly working and behaving exact as per their function implementation with right validations.

Thanks,

Discard

I disagree. 'All features' are not working perfectly in 6.1. Both versions have issues, OpenERP 7.0 is a much better version in terms of usability and expanded functionality. Currently, we have six clients at various stages of using and/or final implementation testing of 7.0 and have found no show stopping bugs. Our remaining clients are planning their upgrades for later this year. We are not recommending that anyone remain at version 6.1. Having said that, we have noticed that the releases of OpenERP 7.0 in June are much better to use than the releases of OpenERP 7.0 from December.

Author

Really poor openerp framework for ERP area.

I trace too much critical errors on framework itself.

Author

Product & product variant is not good way implemented even in 6 & 7. Mostly fial on cursor/connections.

Best Answer

There are over 800 + modules you mean to say every modules to becompletely bug free ? You need to make it

Although version 6.1 is quite stable and easily customizable as per client requirements

Thanks Globalteckz OpenERP Experts

Discard
Author

To manage small clients its good, but failed over vps & failed in many cases. Just ready to install & deliver is easy, but to manage many connection & in many cases it fails.

Try to study some bugs in launchpad. just adding field is easy, but when you go in detail with workflow & many integration....