This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have been going through openerp documents and installed on my computer and trying all possible combinations.

One of the Key requirement is Forecasting and Manufacture as per Delivery schedule.

One critical bottle neck I see is as follows.

A Company may make multiple products. product A may have manufacturing lead time of 1 day and components supplier lead time of 2 days.

Product B may have manufacturing lead time of 10 days and component supplier lead time of 3 months.

In company setting there is a lead time. Product has settings which has lead time.

1. When I create and test products some time RFQ date is past dated. i.e behind 1 or 2 weeks from current date. I am confused why it is back dated. I am trying to figure how the settings of manufacturing lead time works with product manufacturing lead time as well as company settings Lead time?

2. When We confirm a sales order, the estimated delivery date is not real time calculation (i.e based on Bill of Materials, and supplier lead time, Manufacturing Lead time etc). OpenERP simply takes the Lead time settings on the product or company. Which is very much manual and if any supplier lead time changes it has to be recalculated.

Second I have posted another tread

http://goo.gl/mnjjp

This explains some of the typical usage. I have tried as per the suggestion. But I felt if I have to change the order date (there is no provision to change the order date. rather i.e edit "request for quotation date" on the quotation to new future date which may be 2 or 3 months ahead and confirming the sales order. Which is very manual and i felt it is not a best solution.

In summary for a manufacturing company which want to maintain low inventory and produce based on forecast or future shipment date, I am not sure openerp really supports. EVen if I need any customization (not whole architecture changes) is openerp can really fulfill?

Discard
Best Answer

Based on my little experience, If you are looking for dynamic calculation of Lead Time, Bill Of Material cost etc, at present OpenERP does not support. I am not sure it is easily customization.

The Scenario what you have projected on the link is is real and practical. Customer driven manufacturing and any Management who deploy ERP, this is one of the must have item. I would say it is missing in OpenERP.

I hope OpenERP management will consider possibility Version 8 Release.

Discard