Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where is the code that redirects to the home page (page after successful login) of a user after login.

Gopakumar N G
on 10/31/13, 2:57 AM 2,963 views

Where is the code that redirects to a page (page after successful login) of a user after login in OpenERP 7.

| 6 5 8

On 11/18/13, 6:54 AM

you can use window.location = "url" or instance.web.redirect() in chrome.js:754

instance.web.redirect = function(url, wait) { if (instance.client && instance.client.crashmanager) { instance.client.crashmanager.active = false; }

var wait_server = function() {
    instance.session.rpc("/web/webclient/version_info", {}).done(function() {
        window.location = url;
    }).fail(function() {
        setTimeout(wait_server, 250);

if (wait) {
    setTimeout(wait_server, 1000);
} else {
    window.location = url;

I have created a form (like "Login" in base.xml) and I want to redirect to that page after Login, which asks for a One Time Password sent to mobile. How can I redirect to this page after login ?

Gopakumar N G
on 11/20/13, 4:54 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 10/31/13, 2:57 AM
Seen: 2963 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM