Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where is the Application Builder?

By
Jay Sadie
on 7/18/13, 5:24 AM 1,425 views

I have been trying to find the Application Builder. Is it still in use? How do I invoke it? Thanks.

Did I answer your question?

Daniel Reis
on 9/1/13, 8:46 PM

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 7/18/13, 5:42 AM

There isn't an actual "Application Builder App". Instead, this corresponds to a set of customization features:

• The developer mode: adds a menu at the top of each page, that's let's you view and edit the internal configuration behind that page. It let's you change the View and even add custom fields on the fly. You can activate that in the "About Openerp" window (on the top right, click on the user name) you can find an "Activate the developer mode" link.
  • The technical features: gives you access to all the technical configurations in the product, including others not available in the developer mode menu. You can activate in the admin user settings (Settings -> Users), by checking the "Technical features" box in the "Access Rights" tab. Refresh the page and in the Settings module you will see a new section "Technical".

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/18/13, 5:24 AM
Seen: 1425 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM