This question has been flagged
5 Replies

The excellent video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yws1tbgNV7k describes how to add a field to a form.

In my installation of OpenERP 7, with developer mode activated, there are no 'Manage views' or 'Edit Formview' items in the debug menu.

What do I need to install or activate to be able to use that feature?

cheers

Chris

Discard
Best Answer

Manage Views is by default only available to the admin user (user with id=1). See this question

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for the replies.

I've watched the video several times, and it's not the same on my system.

Even in Form view, the Debug menu does not have 'Manage Views' or 'Edit FormView'. It just has:

• Debug View#517
  • View Log (perm_read)
  • Toggle Form Layout Online
  • Set Defaults
  • JS Tests
  • View Fields
  • Fields View Get
  • Manage Filters

In List view there are even fewer options.

I'm running OpenERP Version 7.0-20130111-002202 in Firefox 20.0 on 64-bit Arch Linux.

Aha! I've just discovered that I needed to award myself access rights to 'Technical Features' in order to see those extra debug menu items. Now I can start toying with forms.

Discard
Author

Aha! What I was missing was access to 'Technical Features' -- once I enable that, I get the extra items in the Debug menu.

Best Answer

You should "Activate Developer Mode" .. In the Top Right of your page their is dropdown .. click "About Openerp" then a form will appear then click "Activate Developer Mode" :D

Discard
Best Answer

You not need to install anything else.

"Edit Formview" option will only available in drop-down list when you will in form view (not in list view)

so simply open form view and find it.

Discard
Best Answer

In the video you mentioned http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yws1tbgNV7k you will see him click on Manage Views at 07:02 (mins:secs) in the video.

I suggest you copy what he does step-by-step. Do you still not see it?

Discard