This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I have my email set up such that when I message a client from the contacts tab they get an email with my catchall@ as the reply-to. I assume that the message-ID in the header is what tells odoo that the reply should be posted as another message on the same contact.

What happens though, when a client decides to compose and email from scratch and send it to catchall@ ? Obviously odoo doesn't know where exactly to put it, but is there a generic place for it to go?

I know you can set up the claims module to catch such emails - but I want to have odoo ready for any eventuality. If a freshly composed email is sent to any of the aliases that odoo uses it should appear somewhere right?

Discard
Best Answer

Ermin is correct it effectively creates anew lead/Opportunity etc if its for sales. But there is the mechanism to merge leads or Opportunities from the same user  which will help to keep the conversation in one chain even if it is started differently on different emails.

Discard
Best Answer

In a normal use case a client does not create an email to catchall from scratch, because he does not know about this email  address. He will  send emails to info@, sales@ .... or personal email addresses. You need to setup these aliases properly.

Discard
Author

yes so I have these aliases set up but the question still remains - what happens when a client writes a new email to sales@ for example (and I'm not talking about lead creation or any action being triggered which creates a record)

It ends in the Discuss Inbox of the user defined for the alias or the followers of a such an alias (sales team members for example).