Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where can I view all logged notes?

By
Gilles Lehoux
on 2/16/14, 12:25 AM 1,137 views

Notes are logged automatically at many places in OpenERP. For example, a note is logged under a Sales Order indicating when it was created. Where can I view a list of all my notes from everywhere? I could sort them in chronological order to see what I've done recently or to check if someone else has used my account. I could filter them in order to find a particular action I performed.

This resembles the Audit Trail [audittrail] module but would be available to non-administrator users.

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 2/19/14, 1:42 AM

1) Navigate to Settings -> Technical -> Email -> Messages

2) Filter to show just Comments

image description

By default, this menu is restricted to users with:

1) Administration permissions/membership

as well as

2) Technical Features permissions/membership.

UI Note view

image description

Record FORM view:

image description

This procedure will get you all the "manually" entered notes. Those that a person took the time to enter. It will not get you the notes that were "automatically" generated. Such as "Quotation Confirmed".

Gilles Lehoux
on 6/11/14, 11:40 AM

Gilles Lehoux

--Gilles Lehoux--
| 5 4 7
St-Eustache, Canada
--Gilles Lehoux--

Gilles Lehoux
On 6/11/14, 11:49 AM

You can view all automatically logged notes here:

Settings > technical > Email > Messages

Then filter by Notifications. If you click and open a notification in the list, you won't get enough information to understand what specific document it relates to (ex Delivery Order number, Sales order number). Of course, if you are willing to dig directly into the database, anything is possible.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/16/14, 12:25 AM
Seen: 1137 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM