Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where are the rml files cached?

By
Phil74
on 3/7/13, 10:48 AM 3,051 views

I have installed my test and development OpenERP v6.1 on Windows.

If I rename the file sale_order.rml to sale_order.old within the folder sale/report/, I can still print the quotation order from the sales module. The quotation order is based on the sale_order.rml file or template.

This means that OpenERP stores the rml somewhere else.

As a consequence, if I modify the rml file manually, this new version of the rml file doesn't get used by OpenERP.

However, on my production installation, I don't have the same problem and the latest rml file is always used.

I have tried to clean up the cache from my browser (Waterfox), but it hasn't helped anything.

Where could the rml file be cached?

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 3/7/13, 10:54 AM

After you have edited the report the first time in OpenOffice it will be stored in database table ir_act_report_xml in fields:

• report_rml_content_data (RML) and
  • report_sxw_content_data (SXW)

The report is only taken from file if those fields are empty, which is the case after a fresh install.

Andreas, you seem to know everything! If I set these two fields to null, will OE read from the physical rml file then?

Phil74
on 3/7/13, 11:18 AM
klacus
On 4/14/13, 2:29 PM

If you cannot see any change after the direct edition, you must clear the db by following.

1.Open pgAdmin. check your report id in ir_act_report_xml.

2.Open a query.

SELECT id FROM ir_act_report_xml WHERE model = 'sale.order';

3.put the id (ir_act_report_xml.id) result into place of your_id

update ir_act_report_xml SET report_rml_content_data = NULL WHERE id = your_id;

4.Run and enjoy the rml edition. :-)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/7/13, 10:48 AM
Seen: 3051 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM