Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where are the .pyc files from my custom addon?

By
Darrel
on 12/5/14, 4:09 PM 1,293 views

I have an issue where my python changes are not being picked up, even though I am restarting the server between edits.

The .pyc files are not, as they normally would be, in the same place as their .py counterparts. When I run the code, I get a python exception which shows the updated source, but is clearly not actually executing the source code which is being shown in the exception. If I could find the .pyc file I would delete it, but it isn't there.

To demonstrate the issue:

new_id = super(stock_move_too, self).create(cr, uid, vals, context=context)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'stock_move' referenced before assignment

'stock_move' does not even exist as a variable anywhere in the source file, wherever the pyc file is, it's not being updated when the server restarts.

Can you please paste code of your custom module file.

Jagdish Panchal
on 12/5/14, 10:53 PM

Jagdish Panchal

--Jagdish Panchal--
| 5 3 6
Gandhinagar, India
--Jagdish Panchal--

OpenERP Developer

Jagdish Panchal
On 12/5/14, 10:52 PM

This link may help you : link

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/5/14, 4:09 PM
Seen: 1293 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM