Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where are the import/export functions for products?

By
Wes Healy
on 7/10/13, 11:10 AM 1,306 views

Hi,

I'm new to OpenErp and trying to figure out how I import products from a csv file?

FYI, I'm using the cloud version of OpenERP

Thank you.

Wes Healy
on 7/10/13, 11:44 AM

Andreas Maertens

--Andreas Maertens--
| 5 5 7
Finsterwalde, Germany
--Andreas Maertens--

I develop odoo8.0 modules

Andreas Maertens
On 7/11/13, 4:23 AM

To import .csv you need to check the setting "Allow users to import data from CSV files" in general settings section. Then you will see an import button next to the create button in product view.

If it is the right answer please mark it to help others.

Andreas Maertens
on 7/12/13, 11:48 AM
Juanjo Algaz
On 7/10/13, 11:27 AM

In list view, select one or more products with the check.

Now you can see top buttom selection named More and the option to export them: Export

Just remind you it's a module 'base_import' you should install

Open-Net Sarl, Open Net Sarl
on 7/10/13, 8:40 PM
Wes Healy
On 7/12/13, 11:04 AM

Is there a way to mass delete products?

as generally written here http://help.openerp.com/question/19174/delete-all-customers-at-once/ it may not be recommended if you already used them in sales, purchases, invoices etc. If not you can just mark and delete them all this way (Ver 7.0): Open tree view with data - maybe filter data - make the treelist show you all data at once (klick on the e.g "1 - 80 of 8000" upper right corner - mark them all by checking the very top checkbox in the very left column - use delete from "more" dropdown menu That's it.

Andreas Maertens
on 7/12/13, 11:47 AM
Wes Healy
On 7/10/13, 11:12 AM

FYI,

I'm using the hosted cloud version of OpenErp.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/10/13, 11:10 AM
Seen: 1306 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM