This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I have checked the latest nightly of Odoo and it still does not properly support international addresses.

These are the current problem I observe:

Zip codes are required for the following countries that do not use them:

Angola, "AO"
Antigua and Barbuda, "AG"
Aruba, "AW"
Bahamas, "BS"
Belize, "BZ"
Benin, "BJ"
Botswana, "BW"
Burkina Faso, "BF"
Burundi, "BI"
Cameroon, "CM"
Central African Republic, "CF"
Comoros, "KM"
Congo, "CG"
Congo, the Democratic Republic of the, "CD"
Cook Islands, "CK"
Cote d'Ivoire, "CI"
Djibouti, "DJ"
Dominica, "DM"
Equatorial Guinea, "GQ"
Eritrea, "ER"
Fiji, "FJ"
French Southern Territories, "TF"
Gambia, "GM"
Ghana, "GH"
Grenada, "GD"
Guinea, "GN"
Guyana, "GY"
Hong Kong, "HK"
Ireland, "IE"
Jamaica, "JM"
Kenya, "KE"
Kiribati, "KI"
Macao, "MO"
Malawi, "MW"
Mali, "ML"
Mauritania, "MR"
Mauritius, "MU"
Montserrat, "MS"
Nauru, "NR"
Netherlands Antilles, "AN"
Niue, "NU"
North Korea, "KP"
Panama, "PA"
Qatar, "QA"
Rwanda, "RW"
Saint Kitts and Nevis, "KN"
Saint Lucia, "LC"
Sao Tome and Principe, "ST"
Saudi Arabia, "SA"
Seychelles, "SC"
Sierra Leone, "SL"
Solomon Islands, "SB"
Somalia, "SO"
South Africa, "ZA"
Suriname, "SR"
Syria, "SY"
Tanzania, United Republic of, "TZ"
Timor-Leste, "TL"
Tokelau, "TK"
Tonga, "TO"
Trinidad and Tobago, "TT"
Tuvalu, "TV"
Uganda, "UG"
United Arab Emirates, "AE"
Vanuatu, "VU"
Yemen, "YE"
Zimbabwe, "ZW"

The following countries have no states / provinces. State drop down list or input box should be provided for all other countries.

"Bouvet Island", "British Virgin Islands", "Christmas Island", "Falkland Islands", "Faroe Islands", "French Guiana", "Gibraltar", "Guadeloupe", "Guam", "Guernsey", "Isle of Man", "Jersey", "Lebanon", "Macedonia", "Martinique", "Mayotte", "Montenegro", "Netherlands Antilles", "Niue", "Norfolk Island", "Palestinian Territory", "Pitcairn", "Reunion", "Serbia", "Singapore", "Slovenia", "South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands", "Svalbard and Jan Mayen", "Western Sahara", "Vatican"

Right now there no input box is shown for countries that do not have a states in the drop down box. These should at least be an input box to allow the customer to input his state.

When can it be expected that Odoo will have proper international address support? Maybe other people in the community could provide input with all the different nauences of international addresses so the developers can have an easier time getting it right.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Shimon,

I am also interested in this. I think it would definitely be beneficial to be able to select these options by country. A multi-select option for all countries that allows for the following granularity would be ideal:

• Multiselect for allowed countries for e-commerce (this would allow you to switch off shipping or billing by specific countries that are known to have a high-level of fraudulent credit card transactions)
  • Multiselect for postcode requirement by country
    • Display field if not required option (yes/no)
  • Multiselect for European Union member countries (to allow for VAT calculation, cookie notice and many other things)
  • Multiselect for State/Province requirement by country
    • Display field if not required option (yes/no)

These two projects also seem like they may be of some interest in regards to address validation:
http://code.xster.net/pygeocoder/wiki/Home
http://tech.xster.net/tips/validate-and-format-addresses-using-google-api/

Discard
Author

I think that would be too much maintenance work for store owners. Wouldn't it be better that this is maintained properly within Odoo?

@Shimon, I think Magento is setup with the defaults set correctly for every version that is released, however having the granularity to allow you to change this if necessary would be useful to allow the business owner to set it up as needed.

Author

Magento isn't setup correctly. I don't think a business owner cares about this level of control. Hong Kong doesn't have postal codes irregardless of if you are Amazon.com or lukes-online-store.com

@Shimon, While I respect your opinion, I have used a number of these controls on many levels in the past for my own business and would definitely see the use of implementing them into the Odoo core or as a module. I think that a correct setup out of the box would be preferred, however some type of granularity similar to what I have mentioned would definitely be useful in my case and i'm sure there are others that would find these controls useful also.

@Shimon, It looks like this has been taken care of and merged into the 8.0 branch: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/2524#issuecomment-57172407 I'm glad to see it has been fixed.

Author Best Answer

Bumping

Discard