Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What to to by an JSON.Parse Error in OpenERP 7 with Webkit?

By
Franz
on 8/13/14, 8:20 AM 5,826 views

Hi,

My system:

OpenERP v7

Ubuntu Server 14.04

I installed the webkit plugin over Settings->Apps (everythings looked good).

I installed the wkhtmltopdf library over the normal Linux program: "sudo apt-get install wkhtmltopdf" (Ubuntu installed verion 0.9.9).

So far everything looks good.

Then I went to Settings->Actions->Reports and changed the report type of my sale.order object from "pdf" to "webkit" (I tried the same for my invoice object). The webkit-tab appered:

- I choose the "Base Sample" (was automaticaly installed by the plugin).

- Enable the "Webkit debug"

- Disable the "Add RML Header"

But even when I try to print an sales order or an invoice I get the following error message:

I get an "OpenERP Client Failure":

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 2 column 1 of the JSON data

Does somebody know what I have to do?

Regards,

Franz

Cyril Sester
On 8/15/14, 6:29 AM

Hi Franz.

The wkhtmltopdf version being in the Ubuntu official repositories is known to be problematic. If you look at your openerp-server console, you should see a wkhtmltopdf error (something related to unpatched qt version). Try to uninstall the ubuntu repo version (sudo apt-get remove wkhtmltopdf) and get the standalone patched version from http://wkhtmltopdf.org/downloads.html.

Regards,

Cyril

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/13/14, 8:20 AM
Seen: 5826 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM