Fabrice Henrion (fhe) United States

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 8 8 12
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo Americas

Fabrice Henrion (fhe) United States
11/11/14, 9:20 PM

1. It highly depends on the exact version of Odoo that you are using: v7-SaaS3? SaaS4? SaaS5? Odoo trunk pre-v8-release? Odoo 8 final?
2. Did you configure your Paypal account to send the IPN?
3. When Odoo receives the IPN message from Paypal, Odoo will change the existing payment transaction's status from Draft to Done. The payment transaction is initially created in Draft before the payment is successful (known via IPN); depending on which exact version of Odoo you are using, this payment transaction could be created when a visitor clicks on the last "Buy" button in the Odoo checkout process, or at a different time.

2 Comments
Matt Taylor United States
11/12/14, 12:34 PM

Okay, Thanks Fabrice. I'm really not doing e-commerce. My customers click the PayPal button on the invoice in the customer portal. So, do I need to write some code to create the transaction when the customer clicks the PayPal button? It's probably easier to just call the create method when I receive the IPN. I'll use the IPN data to create and complete the transaction. Unless you have a better way.

Cliff Kujala United States
11/11/15, 7:44 PM

I'm in the same situation as @Matt. Can the PayPal Acquirer be setup to automatically record, and reconcile payments customers make via PayPal from the link included in the emails we manually send for invoices from Odoo v8 Final? Also, those links don't respect the settings we configure for any added fees for the PayPal payments. Did you find a solution @Matt?

Anton Chepurov Estonia
8/31/16, 4:33 AM

@Matt,

How did you end up solving this?

UPD: this could be helpful, as a nice starting point:

https://github.com/laslabs/odoo-payment/blob/release/8.0/payment_authorize_auto_reconcile/models/payment_transaction.py

Ask a Question
Writer
Tags
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now