Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What is the Duplicate Product function for in v8?

Santiago EV
on 8/6/15, 10:29 AM 256 views

I have used this to create new, similar products, that share the same:

Costing Method

Inventory Valuation Method

Product Category

I duplicate it and then modify the name for example for a 3" valve when I want to create a 4" valve, then I just change the 3 to 4 in the newly duplicated product, and of course the internal reference number.

But then when I go to make a PO for example, I can see that the product name is different than the product description.  The product name for the 4" valve is indeed the value I modified to 4" valve but the product description remains as 3" valve.

Why is that?  How can I modify the product description without accessing the db directly?  And what is that Duplicate function for then?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/6/15, 10:29 AM
Seen: 256 times
Last updated: 8/21/15, 4:11 PM