Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What is the difference between Workflow and process?

By
Bonnet Denis
on 5/21/13, 11:33 AM 2,357 views

In OpenERP I found 2 models: process.process and workflow.

What is the difference between them?

Brett Lehrer

--Brett Lehrer--
| 5 4 8
Milwaukee, United States
--Brett Lehrer--
Director of IT and open source enthusiast.
Brett Lehrer
On 5/21/13, 12:14 PM

process.process refers to the Enterprise Process view that describes how the ERP passes information through the system. It's purely informational for new users, and serves no functional purpose. Workflows are the actual working implementations of Enterprise Processes.

Have I to create process.process object If I create a workflow in a new module or it will be created automatically from workflow ?

Bonnet Denis
on 5/21/13, 12:22 PM

You would have to create it on your own, but I'd recommend against it. You have to be in debug mode to see the (?) icon in the first place, and all it brings up is a screen explaining the steps that a record for that object goes through from beginning to end.

Brett Lehrer
on 5/21/13, 7:29 PM
Nilim
On 3/17/16, 8:21 AM

Hi,

Kindly refer to this document - https://doc.odoo.com/v6.0/book/7/7_18_Process/7_18_Process_workflow.html/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/21/13, 11:33 AM
Seen: 2357 times
Last updated: 3/17/16, 8:21 AM