This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I have this function:

def get_batch_students(self, cr, uid, ids, batch_number, attend_date, name, context=None):
        if batch_number:
            getmodelfields = self.pool.get('intrac.batches.registrations')
            for records in getmodelfields.search(cr, uid, [('batch_number', '=', batch_number)], context=context):
                get_student_name = getmodelfields.browse(cr, uid, records)
                browse_student_name = get_student_name.student_name.id
                attend_obj = self.pool.get('intrac.attend')
                attend_obj.create(cr, uid,{'batch_number' : batch_number, 'student_name': browse_student_name , 'attend_date':attend_date, 'attend_present': True, 'attend_sheet': name}, context=context)
        return {'value':{}}

and I have created this button in the xml view:

<button name="get_batch_students(batch_number, attend_date, name)" string="Add Students"/>

When I click the button, nothing happens. Did I write the button xml syntax correctly?

Discard
Best Answer

There are at least 3 types of buttons.  The default being worfklow button in which the name should be the signal to call a workflow transition, the second being action button in which the name should be the action ID that is to be called, the third is object button in which the name should be the name of method to be called.  From your code, it seems that you are trying to call a method, so you need to add type="object" as an attribute to the button.  And, unfortunately you cannot supply arguments to the name.  So, the syntax should be: <button name="get_batch_students" type="object" string="Add Students"/>.  If you need to pass information to the method, use context.

Discard
Author

Can you help with the correct syntax for context?

There are many ways, one that I can think of as pretty easy is to embed it in the view: . Then in the get_batch_students you can do batch_number = context.get('batch_number', False), attend_date = context.get('attend_date', False)

Sorry, forgot that HTML tags are removed. Here is the view: <button name="get_batch_students" type="object" string="Add Students" context="{'batch_number': field_that_hold_the_batch_number, 'attend_date': field_that_hold_the_attend_date}"/> However, if the batch_number and attend_date are available as fields, you should be able to get it within the get_batch_students by browsing through the ids.

Best Answer

Hi,

you have to write down following function into .py file

def get_batch_students(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):

#Your code according to argument. You will not get any more arguments. And those arguments are enough.

return True

and you have to write down this button in the xml view:

<button name="get_batch_students" type="object" string="Add Students"/>

After this your code of the python is called when user press this button.

I hope you will get what you want.

Discard