This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi,

I am planning a service which would sell a subscription to  a modified version odoo for a specific vertical market.

How would one implement it?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Discard

For a good concept / idea you should tell a bit more about the idea I guess. At this point I would say work with products linked to subscriptions, which people can buy from the webshop.

Author Best Answer

All thanks for comments.

Hi Ermin,

You are correct, I am looking to provide a SaaS  based on Odoo.

I have looked through your pointers and have few questions.

What would be the advantage of Clouder over Ivan's module ( if any )?

I am not looking to provide anything but odoo instances with custom software on it pre-installed.

I will most likely run it on the AWS.

The billing I will be based not on the number of users but number of objects in a  table in the custom module.

Discard

I have no experience yet, so there is not much more I can do to help you. AWS offers support for docker containers though.

Best Answer

What you are planning looks to me like a SaaS offering. You should make yourself familiar with the following:

- Odoo multi-tenancy features and approaches

- www.goclouder.net

- Yelizariev's SaaS modules on Odoo's app store

- www.sisalp.fr

After that, you can come back and ask specific questions.

Discard
Author

Please see above ....

Best Answer

Hello Robert,

I hope you are looking for solution for odoo v9. With odoo v9, Subscription module available which might be useful to you.

If you are looking to sell products on subscription, I dont know following modules are migrated to odoo v9 or not, but are really very very useful.

sale_subscription: it allows to sell products of type ‘subscription’ and to generate a new quotation 

sale_subscriptions_alerts : using email_template, the module allows to configure the alerts to send before the subscription ending

sale_subscriptions_delivery : it allows to configure the products composing a subscription and to manage the related delivery orders 

Thanks,

Dhaval Patel

Discard