Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What is the best way to add a field to modules settings menu?

Matt Seymour
on 8/12/14, 11:32 AM 437 views

Say I want to add a text input to the employees settings menu, what is the best way to go about this?

Matt Seymour
On 8/13/14, 4:19 AM

How do I do it using python?

Hi Matt. Firstly don't forget to vote on my previous message. If you want to do it using python, you must learn how develop an openerp module using python (many tutorials on the web) . For that, i recommend you to read the documentation for openerp developer. If you don't have this possibility, call a openerp developer who can do it for you Best regards.

ThackerS (ts)
on 8/16/14, 8:48 PM

Begins and after openerp community can help you to achieve your goal.

ThackerS (ts)
on 8/16/14, 8:50 PM
ThackerS (ts)
On 8/12/14, 12:39 PM

Hi Matt.
If you want to add a text input in your module menu, you have two ways : a soft way and a hard way.

In the soft way, you use openerp developper mode to add the text input : follow this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLf6lwJkVpk

In the hard way, you use code your text input field in your module with python and xml.
Best regards

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/12/14, 11:32 AM
Seen: 437 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM