Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I was searching for a clear answer to this but the more I searched the more I need more answers, so my not still cleared questions related to odoo are:
1. How do you spell it? Is it Odoo, odoo, ODOO... (There are 2 tags in this site: odoo & Odoo)
2. How do you pronounce it? Is it like Oh-Due?, or Oh-Duh!
3. What does each letter represent? (Open Development Oriented Organization?)
4. If I am in trunk of OpenERP (Trunk version 8), should I go back to 7 and wait for odoo in June/July or can I upgrade from 8 to odoo?
5. What big changes will actually happen in terms of code structure when compared to trunk version 8?
6. Wil I only need github for future version or will I need to use launchpad and github to be able to be up-to-date (Kuddos on using github I noticed 3 days ago)
7. Does having it in github mean the installation procedure changes somehow. For example can I clone/pull ./configure install and have my new odoo updated with the latest?
8. Will Python 3.x be supported in odoo?
- It is spelled like this: Odoo
- It is pronounced like this in English (click the speaker icon): https://translate.google.com/?source=osdd#en/fr/odoo
- Odoo is not supposed to mean anything. The root of the word comes from On Demand Open Object, but we will not advertise on this. The same way, only a small fraction of their users knows that Google comes from Googol which is the number 1.0 × 10^100.
- Odoo 8 is the same thing as what would have been OpenERP 8. There is no difference in the product. If you are evaluating trunk, it will continue to evolve towards v8. Of course, you shouldn't use a trunk version in production considering it is a development version.
- The change of name is not going to impact the product structure differently than what had been intended from the start. The v8 will come with a significant number of improvements and new modules. However, there is one change which is the structure of the file repository due to the fact that we are moving from Launchpad to GitHub. More info here: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/wiki/GitHub-Transition#layout And we should start talking about "master" instead of "trunk".
- Eventually, you will only need to use GitHub. We are still working on the migration and you can follow this work in progress here: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/wiki/GitHub-Transition
- This is more of a GitHub-specific question and I'm not familiar enough with it yet to answer. But all indicators show that it should be at least as easy as what was possible with bzr/launchpad.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 5/18/14, 7:09 PM|
|Seen: 7146 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|