This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I'm in the process of calculating the number of users license I should buy. I understood Odoo license is based on the number of registered users and not the concurrent ones so here is my question. We are a small company around 25 employees most of these employees will be using the HRM only for vacation submitting etc... Could someone please confirm if the HRM beneficiaries are considered registered users ?.

TIA

Discard

I have same question hope Odoo clarify this ?

Best Answer

Any employee that needs a login to Odoo needs a user license.

A user license is the same as a login.

An unlimited number of employees can be added.

Most people link employees to users:

• employees are linked  to a user if they need to login to Odoo

• employees are not linked to a user if they don't need to login to Odoo

You can reuse logins when employees leave and others are hired to take their place, simply ARCHIVE the login of the employee has left to free up a login "slot" for the newly hired employee.

External users such as your customers or vendors which are declared as portal users are not counted in the number of users.

Common Examples:

• Employees who report expenses or complete time sheets ARE counted as users;

• Third party accountants who uses your Odoo system ARE counted as users;

• Customers and vendors that are declared as portal users (read only access of their quotes, orders, invoices, projects, tasks, issues, etc AND the ability to make payments, create tickets, correspond with your about these documents ) ARE NOT counted as users;

• Customers using your Odoo website (placing eCommerce orders, downloading content, registering for events) ARE NOT counted as users.

You can nominate an employee (with a login) to enter timesheets and expenses and requests for time off ON BEHALF of other employees if you like.

Discard