This question has been flagged
1 Reply

what attributes should be put in report_sxw.report_sxw(......) while creating report module....please help

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Let us take example of Sale Order report. Here is the link of sale_order.py report file

Here is the list of basic arguments specified in the last of above link:

report_sxw.report_sxw('report.sale.order', 'sale.order', 'addons/sale/report/sale_order.rml', parser=order, header="external")
  1. 'report.sale.order' is a report name. In sale module report name is sale.order but you have to specify report. compulsorily before report name.
  2. 'sale.order' is an object. You need to specify object of report here.
  3. 'addons/sale/report/sale_order.rml' is the rml file path.
  4. parser=order, in this report file order is a class name. You can see the class in the link above
    class order(report_sxw.rml_parse):
  5. header="external". It is optional to write. Headers can be of three types : (1) internal (2) external (3) internal_landscape. These three are defined in Company's Header/Footer part. If you dont want any header you can specify header="False"

You can refer more reporting information here.

Thanks,
www.acespritech.com

Discard
Author

thanks a lot.....i understood very well.....i created a report module for a module to print a form with out fetching any objects.....my issue is when i try to install a module xml architecture error i do not know where i am going wrong....please view this link and help me https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x90ykrocworffkz/rusLpiXGVE

If this answer is right then please mark it as correct. For other issue I recommend you to ask another question with enough description.Thanks.