This question has been flagged
7 Replies

I'd like to know how to return to the Apps Switcher when I use the keyboard to find a meny and navigate to it.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Click your login name, and select Shortcuts:

Also:

SPACEBAR
Spotlight Search - enter a string to match a menu name

I also searched the code for 'accesskey' and I think this is a complete list.

Discard

Good to know, thanks :)

Thank u Ray

can you please tell me short key for POS ??

Best Answer

Hi Ray, 

Please add "Spacebar" when on App Switcher screen. This opens the "spotlight" search which allows you to jump to any module screen via the keyboard.  

(Fabien demonstrated this during his keynote at Odoo 10). 

Also, on MAC, you have to add, "CTRL", as in CTRL+ALT+H 

Discard
Best Answer

You can make use of browser workaround shortcuts. You can use default browser shortcuts.Here is a list of default browser shortcuts

http://dmcritchie.mvps.org/firefox/keyboard.htm

Or you can make use of custom plugins to create customised browser shortcuts. Below is an example of a chrome plugin to create custom keyboard shortcuts

\https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/shortkeys-custom-keyboard/logpjaacgmcbpdkdchjiaagddngobkck

Let me give an example of how I make use of the above plugin to move across different odoo menuitems like sales, manufacturing, invoicing,employees, etc.

After I click on an odoo menuitem, (say apps), I bookmark the page in a new folder called odoo.

Then I click on plugin icon on top and add a custom keyboard shortcut say alt+z to open the previously saved bookmark in the current tab.(you can also open it in a new tab also)

You can see the screenshot to see the settings.

check Active while in the form fields option to make sure that it works because almost all menuitems have a search field, and choose only on specific sites and the choose the starting of your odoo address, between **, for example if your odoo port address is 0.0.0.0:8088, give it between **, so that this shortcut is not activated in other webpages and cause you troubles.

In the same way you can add any number of shortcuts for any number of menuitems and easily use the keyboard shortcuts. The downside is that you can use the defined shortcuts only on one database,as the action and menu_id numbers change from database to database. But this handy if you use a database for a much longer period of time.

Discard