This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Ok, hopefully this is a question that someone can help with, because I am completely baffled...

OpenERP 7.0 - fresh install yesterday, Windows 2008 Server, Port 8069 forwarded to server in router settings, OpenERP works on the server using localhost:8069. But I cant get any workstations connected using ipaddress:8069 on the LAN or WAN. Windows firewall is completely off right now, I can connect to the server with Remote Desktop, I can ping the server, the server has internet connection, I checked the .conf files and everything looks right... getting a headache... any suggestions? Am I just stupid?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Fixed. Missed a firewall setting.

Discard

can you explain what you did ?

Author

I should clarify, it wasn't just a firewall issue. I wasn't able to connect, so I disabled the firewall just for testing, and still wasn't able to connect. At that point we discovered that our network connection was spotty, so we switched to the 2nd NIC on the server, and fixed that issue. Apparently when we switched NICs the firewall got re-enabled - so, it was just my lack of looking thoroughly... it had been a long week... :}