This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Does anyone know how to create a warning / confirm box without blocking the flow of execution? I want to check for a condition, and based on that alert the user of it. But if the user willingly wants to continue, they should be able to. Therefore I cannot use a simple raise statement. I saw a module called 'warning_box' in Odoo Apps, but this does not solve the purpose.

Discard
Best Answer

Try to add the confirm option sam as the button definition:

<button name="cancel_voucher" string="Cancel Voucher" type="object" states="posted" confirm="Are you sure you want to unreconcile this record?"/> 

you can find this in the 'account_voucher\account_voucher_view.xml' 

Discard

after posting my reply I searched again and found that this question has been replied before, pls check https://www.odoo.com/nl_NL/forum/help-1/question/how-to-add-confirm-dialog-box-on-button-or-action-2054

Author

Thanks Tarek, but this confirm box will always be triggered. I want to trigger it only on a certain condition. I have seen the other post as well, but I would have to create a separate wizard for each case, which is a tedious task. Basically a confirm box with a condition would be best.

I got your need. For now I don't have a clue for it. It needs some more search and ideas gathering.