This question has been flagged
2 Replies
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp-server/addons/account_invoice_layout/report/special_message_invoice.rml
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp-server/addons/account_invoice_layout/report/report_account_invoice_layout.rml
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp-server/addons/account/report/account_print_invoice.rml
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp-server/addons/report_intrastat/report/invoice.rml
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp-server/addons/hr_timesheet_invoice/report/cost_ledger.rml
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp-server/addons/hr_timesheet_invoice/report/account_analytic_profit.rml
/usr/share/pyshared/openerp-server/addons/account_invoice_layout/report/special_message_invoice.rml
/usr/share/pyshared/openerp-server/addons/account_invoice_layout/report/report_account_invoice_layout.rml
/usr/share/pyshared/openerp-server/addons/account/report/account_print_invoice.rml
/usr/share/pyshared/openerp-server/addons/report_intrastat/report/invoice.rml
/usr/share/pyshared/openerp-server/addons/hr_timesheet_invoice/report/cost_ledger.rml
/usr/share/pyshared/openerp-server/addons/hr_timesheet_invoice/report/account_analytic_profit.rml

I'd like to work on a better layout for our invoices, but unsure which file to change. Above I've searched for *.rml and then filtered through a grep for 'invoice'. Which of these files would be the one I need to change and do I need to do anything additional after editing the file (compile, build... ??)?

Discard
Best Answer

You might want to keep your modified file separate from the default ones.

Procedure you want to follow:

• Create new module, with your report
  • upload module to /addons directory
  • install the module within openERP
  • change the path for the specific document/report at:

• Settings -> Actions -> Reports
    • Search for the document you changed and click on it
    • Click on the button 'Edit'
    • Modify the text behind 'Report File'.

Example: The location is addons/my_module/report/myrep.rml. So you type my_module/report/myrep.rml

Hopefully the above procedures are clear enough for you to fix your issue.

Discard
Author

Thanks Patrick, but it's still not clear to me whether I should be starting from the addons folder under "/usr/share/pyshared/openerp-server/" or the one under "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp-server/". It doesn't look like one is a link to the other...

Seems like you should take that one from: /usr/share/. The other one is for libarys (/usr/lib/)

I use the addon from /usr/lib/.... All my own modules are placed there, and I don't have any issues. Just use sudo cp -r <source>/ /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/ to copy your own module there.

Author

OK, well I tried putting the new module into the /usr/lib... path and it didn't show up. Added the module to /usr/share... path and it appeared after updating the module list. So I guess the answer to the first part of the question (for me at least) is create the new module dir under "/usr/share/pyshared/openerp-server/addons"

So is my solution correct? Please mark it to help other users find the right things quicker. ;)

Does anyone have a complete example of a very simple new module that they can share? One that just has a modified report would be ideal. I've looked at what documentation I can find, and learning how to create an add-on seems like a lot of work just to change the text of a report.

Best Answer

The one you search for is: /usr/share/pyshared/openerp-server/addons/account/report/account_print_invoice.rml

As patrik said it is better to create a new addon.

Discard