This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Can we view the attached file in a new window rather than download it?

I don't want to modify the settings of the browser to open all downloaded files !

If yes, how to?

Discard

In fact, there are two problems: First, e.g. JPG or PNG attachments cannot be viewed in the browser, second, when downloading the attachment instead, the MIME type is not set correctly, so that the browser has no chance to open the right external viewer program.

Best Answer

You can use attachment_preview odoo apps to preview of a document attachment by new browser.

https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/attachment_preview/

Discard
Best Answer

It depends what filetype you are talking about (pdf?), and it depends the browser plugins you have installed/enabled.

If you are talking about opening pdfs in a new browser window, you have to configure your browser for that and make sure that the acrobat reader browser plugin is activated for that browser.

Also, every document you ever see on your computer is downloaded one way or another. Whether it is in temporary internet files or on your desktop. So, avoiding to "download" is not possible, but I'm assuming that you refer to "downloading to a temporary location".

Discard
Author

Thanx Fabrice, This is not the answer I'm looking for, consider I want to open jpg attachment, any browser could handle jpg file, but with openerp, when you select the jpg attachment, it will be downloaded !!, What I want is to open it in a new window and load the jpg file inside the browser.

In fact the problem is exactly that the mime type given for attachments by the server is wrong. Otherwise the browser would have displayed it instead of downloaded it.

Agree with Ali - this is about how Odoo handles mime types, not about browser settings. My Chrome browser opens all .pdf files in a viewer... except those in Odoo.