This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I don't believe I'm clear on how the import date formatting works. 

I have a spreadsheet which contains dates in YYYYMMDD format, e.g. 20190102.  To access the formatting options, I saved the spreadsheet as a CSV file. 

When I load this file for import, I exercise the formatting options and select the YYYYMMDD format.  However, the application still does not recognize the data as a date format, because my date elements in the model are not listed in the dropdown.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi  Hummingbiz

I think this video can help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOBxxnYDIsM&list=PLSKcWRTtEl5qzvRaI-VTGavfReiHS_EEb&index=1 (starting at minute 55 in this video)

Discard
Best Answer

The module named "VKS Import Excel" can help you solve this problem easily: https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/16.0/vks_import_excel.  Please contact me via email anhtuan.acoi@gmail.com  if you need further assistance.

Discard
Best Answer

The issue you've described appears to be related to the software or application you're working with, although you haven't mentioned the specific software's name. However, I can offer general advice on troubleshooting this issue:

1. Double-check the CSV: Open your CSV file using a plain text editor (like Notepad or Sublime Text) to ensure that there are no unwanted characters or irregularities. Dates should strictly adhere to the YYYYMMDD format without any spaces, delimiters, or other characters.
  2. Format Confirmation: Ensure that when you're selecting the YYYYMMDD date format in the importing application, you're actually saving or applying that format.
  3. Model's Date Format: Ensure the model you're importing into accepts the YYYYMMDD format. Some applications might have their own native date format, and even if they allow you to specify a different format during the import process, it might still cause conflicts.
  4. Header Row: Ensure that the header row in the CSV (if there is one) clearly identifies the column as a date. Some software applications might use the header row to determine the type of data in the columns.
  5. Alternate Method:
    • Try converting the dates in your spreadsheet to another commonly recognized format, such as MM/DD/YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD. Save the CSV and attempt the import again.
    • Alternatively, if the software allows for it, you could import the dates as plain text and then convert them to the desired date format within the application.

Discard