This question has been flagged
1 Reply

In OpenERP 7.0 I am trying to close the Point of sale session and I keep getting an error saying :

you cannot create journal items on an account of type view

I checked all my settings and none of my jounal's account is a view does anybody know from where else it could come ?

Discard
Author Best Answer

I am wondering if it is not the client counterparty account that is missing. If I try such operation on the demo database, I can see that the account 411100 (client's sale) has the sale entry. I guess that this setting is missing in my DB, do you know where this has to be set ?

Discard

The closing step records Pos Sales to your accounting records, using a sales journal.This journal needs a debit and a credit default accounts: Customer account for the debit (for instance "411100 Cutomers" (this account number relates to French Chart of accounts)) AND Sales (Turnover account) for the credit. Set up these accounts if needed in the accounting menu.

Author

Thank you for your help

Author

I checked my chart of accounts and both accounts are well opened, the 411100 Customers for the debit and the 401100 Suppliers for the credit. I even checked if those accounts were opened as a view but unfortunatly not. Do you have another idea from where this error could come from ?

Author

There must be a BUG, because if I create a new DB instance and instead of choosing a french chart of account I select the option custom chart of account, it works perfectly !!!!!