Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Validate Error when create a new View

on 8/14/13, 7:50 AM 978 views

Hi all, when I create a new View, no matter what I enter, it will prompt

Error occurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture!."

Even when I duplicate a View in the system and just modify the name, the same error shows again. Could you give me some suggestions? Thanks.

Will be a lot easier to help for a lot of people here if you pasted the xml. You might be have a , or > or < or - etc somewhere in the xml that it should not be or you are trying to add a view where it cannot go. Endless possibilities with that error without seeing the code

on 8/14/13, 8:13 AM

Thanks. Even the XML content cannot pass the validation.

<?xml version="1.0"?> <tree string="My view"> <field name="name"/> </tree>

on 8/19/13, 5:48 AM
On 9/2/13, 6:47 AM

It my fault. I copied the xml from a tutorial in web. But the content such as double quotation marks have been changed to another format and involved the validation errors.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 8/14/13, 7:50 AM
Seen: 978 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM