Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[V8] Where is the new Pos Restaurant module?

on 5/12/15, 8:21 PM 1,451 views

If you look on odoo website you can see the new pos restaurant description:

But where is the module? I'm wrong or is just for master (V9)?

If you try the demo is the same V8 we have on repo.

Sohel Sarder
On 11/5/15, 12:17 AM

In version 9 you will find pos restaurant module inside addons directory /odoo/addons/pos_restaurant. To test and activate table management features just log in into your odoo installation then POS--> configuration--->settings---> then activate radio button against : Restaurant: activate table management . After changes the settings just refresh you will find Floor Plans creation link under configuration.

Dieter Huelskamp
On 6/9/15, 7:43 PM

Then, how can we test new features like table management? If I update pos restaurant module on lets say myrestaurant.odoo.com it keeps showing version and I have no choice to try something like table management. Any hint???

You need to install Odoo from master repo. Is very unstable now, better wait the official release!

on 6/9/15, 7:46 PM

Is there any good manual howto install master repo? All I found got stucked during process ;-(

Dieter Huelskamp
on 7/20/15, 12:47 PM

@Dieter: there already installation procedures on the net (Google is your friend), however, if you still face problems with installing V9 you should post a new thread.

Ermin Trevisan
on 9/15/15, 4:38 AM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 5/13/15, 2:13 AM

It is for master (V9).

Its for V8 too. If you look at the sourcecode you can see the module is there: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/tree/8.0/addons/pos_restaurant

on 5/13/15, 9:31 AM

No Yenthe, I'm talking about the new module, not available on V8. What's the point to promote it if even on SAAS you can't use it? I know is just for V9, I'm working on it, I'm just reporting a wrong webpage.

on 5/13/15, 12:59 PM

@Yenthe: the main difference of the V9 restaurant pos compared to the v8 version is table management.

Ermin Trevisan
on 9/15/15, 4:36 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 5/12/15, 8:21 PM
Seen: 1451 times
Last updated: 11/5/15, 12:17 AM