This question has been flagged

I would like to create a pdf automatically when a Pos Order is marked as "paid" (after validate in the POS UI).

The report I want is point_of_sale.report_receipt (ir.actions.report.xml,388) and I would like to insert it on pos workflow. I've already created a server action to call it and I know is working since I've added it to the "more" menu and I can use it without issues.

The problem is the lack of instruction about this kind of settings, I'm working on it on a dev machine since the last week but without any tangible result. Any help?

Discard
Best Answer

Not sure if it's a bug or a design limitation, but Server Actions seem to only be triggered by a button signal, not by workflow signal.

Try changing your view xml: change the button name from a method name (which triggers workflow signal) to the signal itself. E.g. in Sale Order, that would be <button name='order_confirm'> instead of <button name='action_confirm_order'>.

Or add another dummy node to the workflow with an outgoing transition requiring a button to be pressed and set a button signal as the button's name (not an object method which triggers the workflow signal).

More here.

Discard
Author

Yes, in that way will work but should work even with workflow signal. I've added a comment on your thread on Github too. Thanks.